Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Why not bat for our team?"

,,,

I hear it all the time… People say, “I just don’t get it; why would you ‘choose’ to be gay? Why AREN’T you interested in women? Have you ever tried it? You know, you might like it if you tried just once.” Then there are those who take it a step further, making crude comparisons between the orifices of a man and a women.

(Like I really want to hear about va-jay-jay!)

Here’s an example; this is what somebody on Topix wrote earlier today:

fed up writes:

..if you wanna bang a hairy guys @ss why not join our team and bang a woman’s it would be the same thing right? same spot, same feeling, just a nice smooth hairless hot woman though, oh yeah and i’m sure she smells better.lmao.

Well, being gay isn’t about wanting to “bang a hairy guys ass” (and just why is it that people are so preoccupied with what we might or might not be doing in the bedroom anyway?)

My sexual orientation is defined by the gender of the person to whom I am attracted, that much is true but it certainly does NOT mean I’m gay only because I’m fixated on a guy’s backside. (To be completely honest, if the only thing that makes one straight is his obsession with a particular part of a woman’s body — well then, I feel sorry for that person.)

There are any number of ways in which a man differs from a woman; not all of those are “physical.”

Certainly, there are men who share some of the same qualities as are most often found in women, and the same is true of some women who share characteristics and attitudes not dissimilar to a lot of men. But all in all there’s a given assumption most men look and behave one way and most women, another.

The differences between the sexes in the gay community are no different than those exhibited by heterosexuals and stereotypes are just that; stereotypes. Such generalizations do not apply to each and every GLBTQ person, just the same as not every straight person looks and acts the same.

The vast majority of GLBTQ persons pass for straight until and unless we are, for whatever the reason ASKED about our orientation (or willingly just choose to express it).

In response to fed up, if my ONLY DESIRE were to bang a piece of ass then I suppose I could be as happy with a woman’s [ass] as much as a man’s… but it goes so much further than this. My attraction isn’t just about cranking out a load of jism during the act of some hot, sweaty sex. Some of my best friends are both straight AND women, and they hold no attraction for me, emotionally OR sexually.

No, only a man is going to be able to do that for me — and believe it or not, it won’t be just “any” man. It isn’t about his ass and it isn’t about the size of a guy’s cock; it’s about the total package. Am I attracted to him physically, mentally and emotionally?

Since women are obviously built differently, behave differently and are CLEARLY different, emotionally… Well, are you beginning to get the idea? It’s not only about the sex; it never has been.

Namaste,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment